How to Avoid the Winter Blues This Year
With every season comes its share of pros and cons. Winter is filled with crisp evenings, beautiful snowfalls, and the holiday season, but it is also filled with wind, ice, and long dreary days. If you feel a case of the winter blues coming on, we can help you beat it! Here are some of our best tips:
- Scent is one of the best ways to trigger emotion, so why not fill your home with scents that trigger happiness and joy? Consider citrus scents or other scents that elicit positive memories like pine for Christmas trees, or cinnamon or vanilla for baking.
- Be sure your furnace is working properly so you stay warm! Nothing will give you the blues faster than a broken furnace and a cold house. If you are considering an upgrade, contact us for Rocky River HVAC installation.
- Let there be light! The lack of sun is what causes the winter blues in the first place, so try to make up for that by filling your house with light. Add more lamps in the rooms you use the most if necessary. Light candles and open your blinds – whatever you have to do to get as much light as possible! Avoid sitting in a dark, dreary room for too long.
- Resist the urge to stay cooped up in your house. Of course you may not want to go outside when it is so cold, but even a trip to a coffee shop for a little change of scenery can make a big difference.
- Tackle some tasks that have been on your to-do list. Cleaning out a closet may not seem like the best way to beat the blues, but staying busy will help. As fun as a Netflix binge can be, too much time spent in front of the TV is only going to make your feel worse.
- Stay healthy! Eat healthy foods and keep up your exercise routine. Sitting around eating junk food is only going to make you feel more lethargic.